VINEYARDS & TERROIRS
Yolo Vineyard. The vineyard was planted in 1998 in clayey loam soil and is farmed sustainably out of respect for the environment. The vines are trellised in the single cordon training system, with traditional spacing between plants.
After the harvest, the grapes are crushed, de-stemmed, and gently pressed. The Albariño is fermented in stainless steel tanks. After primary fermentation, the wine rests on its lees for one month and then is racked into 40% new French oak barrels with the remaining 60% in neutral oak to age. We bottle the Albariño unfined and lightly filtered in April, six months after the harvest.
TASTING NOTES & PAIRING SUGGESTIONS
Our Albariño is as aromatic as it flavorful! Notes of stone fruit leap out of the glass, opening to a supple mouth-feel balanced by lively acidity, and the finish lingers long on the palate. This is a great cocktail wine to appreciate entirely on its own, but it also tastes great alongside salads, lighter fish dishes (especially shellfish), and goat cheese pizza.