VINEYARDS & TERROIRS
Six Hands Winery, Estate Vineyard. The vines were planted in 1994 in fine, sandy loam soil and are trellised in the single cordon training system. Our vineyards are farmed sustainably out of respect for the environment.
After the harvest, the grapes are crushed, de-stemmed, and gently pressed. The Viognier is fermented in stainless steel tanks. After primary fermentation, the wine rests on its lees for two months and then is racked into 40% new French oak barrels with the remaining 60% in neutral oak to age for one year. We bottle the Viognier unfined and lightly filtered in October, roughly a year after the harvest.
TASTING NOTES & PAIRING SUGGESTIONS
This Rhône-inspired beauty offers up a bouquet of honeysuckle, orange blossom, pineapple and citrus zest. Both fresh and complex, we recommend pairing the Viognier with anything from grilled fish, pork chops and chicken to Asian dishes of all kinds.