100% Pinot Noir
McCormak’s Langhart Vineyard, Clarksburg
VINEYARDS & TERROIRS
The McCormak’s Langhart Vineyard has a long history in the Delta. While growing Pinot Noir in the Delta is fairly new and to the McCormak Langhart Vineyard, the cool nights and diurnal phases allow the grapes to ripen evenly, reaching maturity and balanced. The vineyard soil type is Scribner silt and was planted in 2013, now in its 5th leaf. The trellis system used is a quadrilateral trellis allowing for maximum canopy management and fruit exposure to the sun.
The grapes are crushed, de-stemmed, and left to macerate on their skins for two weeks, after which they go through a cool, fermentation with manual punch-downs three times per day. The grapes are pressed and left to settle in tank for three months. The wine is then racked into barrels, 30% of which are new and the remaining 70% dedicated to second- and third-year barrels, where it ages for 18 months. The Pinot is bottled unfined and lightly filtered at bottling.
TASTING NOTES & PAIRING SUGGESTIONS
We have created a very Burgundian style Pinot, full of fresh, bright berry fruit, earthy aromas, a touch of smoke and a hint of sea breeze. The Pinot is well balanced and pairs well with a variety of foods from roasted vegetables and salmon to chicken and pork.