2016 Chenin Blanc, Palmero (aka Cresci) Vineyard, Lodi
100% Chenin Blanc
VINEYARDS & TERROIRS
Palmero aka Cresci Vineyard. The vines were planted in 1983 in rocky, medium clay soil with eastern sun exposure and are trellised in the single cordon training system. Owl boxes situated throughout the vineyard offer a natural method of pest control.
After the harvest, the grapes are crushed, de-stemmed, and gently pressed. The Chenin Blanc is fermented in stainless steel tanks. After primary fermentation, the wine rests on its lees for one month and then is racked into 30% new French oak barrels with the remaining 70% in neutral oak and stainless steel barrels to age. We bottle the Chenin unfined and lightly filtered in April, six months after the harvest.
TASTING NOTES & PAIRING SUGGESTIONS
This medium-bodied, barrel-aged Chenin offers classic aromas of pear and vanilla, streaked with elegant mineral undertones. We recommend opening a bottle alongside a plate of sharp cheeses, grilled trout, or pork stir-fry.